My garden bird activities are doing well, the male Blackcap is seen most days, 2 Robins have paired up, as have 2 Dunnocks(but there is 3 of them!) at least one pair of Blackbirds are seen, Long tailed Tits pass through daily, and for the last week a huge flock of Blue Tits(approx 50!!!) have been very active eating the buds on the trees. 2 Goldcrests, a pair of Great Tits, a flock of Goldfinches are also regularly seen. 1 Song Thrush(but i had 2 visit last year) and plenty of Pigeons and Doves visit daily. The Male GS Woodpecker has gained confidence now, and is a regular visitor to the fat balls. I have seen 4 House Sparrows a couple of times too. A new fly over in the shape of a Little Egret was seen this last weekend, as well as other fly overs such as Geese, Cormorants, Kestrel and Heron.
I havent seen the Treecreeper for awhile now?
Some photos then.
Butterfly first, and note the cobwebs on its wings.
Its really difficult to capture photos of the GS Woodpecker on the fat balls, but just recently I got very lucky with this. These shots were taken 15/1/11 and the sun even shone for me in January!
The Blackcap is a real character, he is a joy to watch, and he has really started to sing now too, I do hope he attracts a female into the garden but i doubt that will happen?!
One of the Robins.
Male Blackbird.
The Song Thrush.









Great set of photos Paul and well done on spotting the Peacock.
ReplyDeleteCan only echo Dean's comments - great photos.
ReplyDeleteAdam
Blackcap and Song Thrush are two good garden birds nowadays Paul. I've only had a fleeting visit from Blackcap lately and occasional visits from the Song Thrush.
ReplyDeleteHi Paul.
ReplyDeleteWell done with the early butterfly. It is good to get a Song Thrush in the garden,there not exactly renown for being a garden bird, so when they do turn up, enjoy them.
Nice choice of photo's Paul.
Nice selection of garden photo's Paul. The Blackcap is likely to be a bird from the continent, it overwinters here and breeds probably in germany, so isn't out to find a mate yet ;-).
ReplyDeleteThanks for rubbing it in with the Canada geese you saw flyover Hadlow yesterday afternoon, after I had given up watching :-)
Hi Dean, cheers for that, I guess it was cheating slightly, by saying (the 1st Butterfly for the year!) But I still found the Peacock I guess!
ReplyDeleteHi Adam, thanks mate, its amazing what pics you can get in your own garden, the sun shining helps too.
Hi Phil, I definitely saw more Song Thrush activity in the garden last year. I only saw a Blackcap the once last year, but this year, this male is really showing very well(almost daily).
ReplyDeleteHi Ken, I had a pair of Song Thrushes in the garden last year, and they stayed around for awhile, this year Ive only seen the one on occasion, your right though, they are lovely birds to both watch and hear sing.
ReplyDeleteHi Warren, cheers mate, and thanks for telling me about the Blackcaps origins/mating plans for the year, he has been here since December, he was seen with another male on one occasion too.
ReplyDeleteThere were at least 25 of those Geese that flew your way(well I can count 24 of them in the photo I took) but there were more outside that pic!