Just over a week ago, I was garden watching once again, when something caught my eye as it ran under my shed. I thought it was a rat at first, but its tail looked too short? then all of a sudden this Weasel was all over the garden at a tremendous speed, I was trying to get a decent photo of it, but it just would not stand still long enough. The last thing I imagined seeing would be a Weasel in my back garden, so I was extra keen to get a photo. I did have rats under the shed last years winter snow, and I also saw a Wood Mouse? a couple of days earlier, so my guess was that the Weasel picked up on these Rodent scents in the area, and was looking for a meal. Then just as fast as it had first appeared, it then vanished, I did manage several shots, but they are not the best, what an unexpected sight to behold though, wow!
I have seen either a Weasel or a Stoat up at my Church patch a couple of times now, but have yet to get a photo, so it was nice to get one in my garden.
As usual, click on the photo's to enlarge. Shots were taken inside, from an upstairs window, in dull and drizzley conditions.
Shame this little guy moved his head in this 2nd pic!
3rd pic is better though.
As I said, I has seen and photographed what I think looks like a Wood Mouse? a couple of days early in the very same spot that the Weasel was searching, I just hope that cute little mouse is still about? but such is nature.
I am extremely envious Paul. I really like Weasels and Stoats but i've certainly never seen one in my back garden.
ReplyDeleteIve had one or two Weasel sightings in the garden Paul. Ive not managed a photo yet though, so well done to you !
ReplyDeleteThey do keep the rats down too :-)
Hi Phil, cheers for that mate, it was a shock to see it in the garden, I called out for my brother inlaw to come and watch it, he kept saying its there, no its there, no its over there now!!! etc. in the hope of me getting a photo of it. Fascinating creatures, and if i was honest, i have probably only ever seen 6 Weasel sightings in total.
ReplyDeleteHi Warren, Excellent that you have also seen Weasels in your garden mate, and thanks about the photos.
ReplyDeleteI havent seen a Rat in my garden for a couple of months now, so that can only be a good thing.