The last time I visited this area for photos(October 2010) I had my old camera with me, so I was keen to see what my newer camera was capable of. The sun was still bright at approx. 4.00pm, so the light was good for photos, and my first photo was taken just outside the chip shop(on the main road) were I could see one of the Peregrines perched close to the top of the tower. I then made my way to the Church for a closer view, and also shot some pics from that point too. The Peregrine then took flight, but it looked like it may have just flown around to the other side of the tower? A brisk walk was needed next, for me to view the Tower from the "field side" because not only was the sun that side, but there was a good chance that both Peregrines would be catching the late afternoon warmth together?
I was correct, because both Peregrines were sunning themselves on the field side, one was almost at the top, whilst the other was perched on one of the large metal brackets that jut out.
Some photos then, and obviously some serious zooming/cropping was needed, because of the vast distance involved.
This first shot was taken near the main road(next to the fish an chip shop)
Church side, this was in the shade and a bit on the cold side!
Then around to the sunny side of the Tower, were both Peregrines were perched in the warmth.
Other birds were also seen, those being the usual suspects, and here are a couple of photos of them.
Quite a few Goldfinches were present, and in this pic there were 4 of them, plus a couple of Blue Tits.
A couple of Jackdaw(church side).
And a Song Thrush.








Well done paul, Ive been watching them too, but from my patch, lets hope these birds aren't put off by the building work to follow :-)
ReplyDeleteHi Warren, cheers mate, I always try to grab a quick glimpse of them if im driving by the Tower. But it was time to look a little closer at them, especially as the work has started there, and the net was up over the tower.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you, lets hope they stay there too.