Then I thought I saw a single Swallow fly over, but I wasnt 100% sure. But then 2 Swallows did fly over, so there was no doubt that they had arrived. This is the first time Ive made a record of when Swallows arrive at the church, so its all new to me, because I havent watched my patch for even a year yet!
I was just about to leave(it was close to 5.00pm) when both Swallows landed on the overhead cables near the Church, so I would get a chance to take some photos after all.
Note. Just a note to say that my Blog has only just updated(its been having some problems of late???) So if any of my fellow Bloggers missed my last post, which was purely about Nuthatches, then please take a look at some of my photos, they came out quite well, cheers.
Onto the Swallows then, as usual, click on an image to enlarge.
And some long distance shots of the Kestrels.
This was shot on the shaded side of the Church, so image is of poor light/quality. But it shows where you might find one of the Kestrels perched, especially in strong winds.







Cracking shots! They are to the South, East and West of me now.......I am obviously not looking in the right places. Maybe tomorrow :-)
ReplyDeleteYeah, great shots Paul. I`ve only managed to see 2 Swallows so far.
ReplyDeletePaul, as already said the Swallow shots are great, also the Nuthatches from the previous post. Lots more migrants to find this month!
ReplyDeletePaul....I seem to have been out of touch with you for some reason but not going to look for excuses as I'm back. A little out of time at the moment but am going to link you from Birds2blog.
ReplyDeleteWill be in touch Paul.
Paul ,
ReplyDeleteSuper Swallow shots , I'm still waiting for my first .
Lovely shots Paul, great to see the Swallows back again. Make the most as they will be gone again all too soon.
ReplyDeleteI like the Kestrel shots too, nice to see birds in unusual places.
Great Swallow pics Paul, like Greenie I am still yet to see my first of the year.
ReplyDelete