Wednesday, 4 May 2011

May the 1st, and 1st Banded Demoiselles.

Although the 1st of May was windy! I knew a place that just might have some Banded Demoiselles? Teston River was the place i headed for, and sheltered in the wind, above the river bank, there they were. I did see a total of 4 males, but in that strong wind, the going was tough.
I was also lucky to see some Large Reds too, and captured them laying eggs.

Some photos then, as usual, please click on image to enlarge cheers.


Large Reds in Tandem, and also egg laying.




The 2nd of May, and i really wanted to see if i could capture some better shots of that lovely little Speckled Yellow moth, so off i went! We saw at least 3 of them.





And we also saw a pair of Green-veined whites mating too.

4 comments:

  1. Great photos as usual, Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul ,
    Really good set of photographs .
    Hopefully that mad wind will stop blowing , and make matters easier .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done with the Demoiselles Paul, definitely one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dean, thanks a lot.


    Hi Greenie, cheers mate, well the wind has died down, but it was a bit cold this morning!


    Hi Phil, thanks, yes those Demoiselles are great, I did get some nice shots of them mating last year, so hope to repeat that this summer too.

    ReplyDelete