Friday, 24 June 2011

More flaming(or rather windy) June adventures.

7th of June and I found that wonderful juvenile female Adder for the 2nd time, this snake is very nervous, and i doubt i will ever see it out in the open, i have to really sneak up on this one, grab a couple of shots, then its gone.
It shows beautiful colouration though.


A large Skipper showing well. Just as i was taking a pic of this Skipper, 2 Bullfinches landed on a fence nearby, but as soon as i pointed the camera in their direction, they flew off!


I came across a Grass snake basking right next to this fresh full shed/slough, missed the snake shot, but this shows the length of said snake.

9th of June and i met a Fox head on, down one of the trails i travel. I saw the fox before it saw me, so i crouched down low, and took a couple of shots before the fox got wind of me and fled.


That same day, i saw my 1st ever Painted Lady, what a beauty.



Birds are thin on the ground on my patch at the moment, so on my next blog i did a sneaky couple of sessions, and gave Larkfield Lakes some early morning raids. I wasn't disappointed either, I saw/photographed Whitethroats(adult and Juv.) Nightingale(adult and Juv.) Little Grebe(baby/juv.)

This is the possible Purple Hairstreak? I saw on the 21st of June, its a poor shot, but its the only chance i had! And today i saw a large brown and white butterfly that i can only assume was a White Admiral? I watched it in flight, and really hoped it would land for a photo, but no such luck. This butterfly was big, larger than a Red Admiral.


3 comments:

  1. Paul ,
    Can confirm your last shot is of a Purple Hairstreak , well done . Shame you didn't manage a shot of the large brown/white butterfly , sounds interesting .
    Great post with great shots , particularly like the Fox , very natural .
    I'd say that slough was from a female , given it's size .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unlucky with the bullfinch's Paul :-) They are hard to get on camera. lots of other stuff about though, I just wish this wind would drop!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done with the PH Paul. As for the Bullfinches, typical behaviour, unsociable and lacking in manners I reckon.

    ReplyDelete