Saturday, 11 December 2010

Beginners luck.

After once again, meeting up with that "sharp" eyed man called Phil, he gave me a tip off on where to locate the Goosander. So the following day, I parked up in the main car park at Leybourne lakes, and started my trek through the snow. I met a couple of chaps on the way, but they had no luck in spotting the Goosander, so I thought that was it then! But I was in luck, I did see it at Steamside, and managed to get some long range photos, although poor light. I then carried on down the Millstream, and also shot some pics of a couple of Snipe. Time wasnt on my side, so I made my way back the same route, and I thought I might just check to see if that goosander was still in the same area...beginners luck, because the Goosander showed well for me.
The following photos tell the story...Cheers.











2 comments:

  1. Hi Paul, you did it then!
    A very nice start and the blog is looking good. I look forward to your next post. I'm hoping to get out and find a Spotted Crake if I can tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Phil, thanks for leaving a comment, and being the 1st to follow my blog. And cheers for all your help/advice so far. I have 100's of bird photos "in the bank" so I'm sure I shall add to this blog soon enough. I took my young son to see that Goosander today, we had almost given up, but found in on Abbeymeads. If anyone can locate that Spotted Crake, I'm sure its you. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete