I haven't been "on line" for several days, and it has been a least a week since I have had a chance to visit my adopted patch at the Church, so even though its was fog just about everywhere on the 29th of December! I had a couple of hours spare, so I thought I would still take a trip out in the poor weather conditions, just to see what might be about. Just before I arrived at the Church, as I approached Mereworth roundabout, I spotted what looked like a Kestrel on one of the street lights, so I parked the car near the roundabout, and pointed the camera out my car window, taking 3 shots before the Kestrel flew off. I then drove the short distance to the Church, parked up and started a brisk walk. The usual suspects were seen, such as Greenfinch, Chaffinch, Blackbird, Robin, Wren, Great/Blue/Long tailed Tits, GS/Green Woodpeckers, Pheasants, Red Legged Partridge. I also saw a perched Buzzard, Coal Tits, and 3 Peacocks! I still have yet to see the Little Owl, but I'm sure I will do that next year?!!!
I also saw a Deer, but the long range photo was a waste of time in the thick fog.
Some "foggy photos" then, to accompany my Ramblings.
Happy New Year to you all, cheers.
Kestrel on street light above roundabout
2 Coal Tits.
GreenWoodpecker.
Long range shot of one of the Buzzards.
And those Peacocks!
When you said peacocks I thought you meant Butterlfies :-)
ReplyDeleteI look forward with interest to see what you record up there this year, already you have red Legged partridge that I missed out on last year.
Hi Warren, funny enough I did take some nice butterfly photos this year too(Mostly commas at the Church) and I took some great Hornet pics as well. Ive sighted the Weasel three times there, but no photos just yet. Red Legged Partridge are quite common, I have seen and photographed many of them. I saw 6 of them on a wall on the 29th, but I didn't bother with a photo. I have spoken to a local, and he told me that Lesser Spotted Woodpecker have been seen there, so fingers crossed I might just get to see those too.
ReplyDeleteNice pics Paul despite the gloomy conditions.
ReplyDeleteHappy new year and good luck with the patch.
Hi Phil, thanks for that, and a Happy New Year to you too. Whilst I cannot get to my patch on a daily basis, I will enjoy the time that I do spend there, and with a bit of luck, get to see/record/photograph things of interest.
ReplyDeleteHi there Paul! :-) Thanks for the comment on my blog! Just thought I'd comment to say thanks, and to also wish you a Happy New Year and that I look forward to reading your blog in the future. All the best, Simon
ReplyDeleteHi Paul.
ReplyDeleteI have just become a follower of your Blog, and added you to my list in my Blog.
A nice patch you have. Nice photo's considering the weather.
Have you bumped into Warren on your travels?
Hi Simon, Cheers for that mate.
ReplyDeleteJust to mention that Ive taken all my children to visit Mote Park for well over 20 years now. Its just a shame that I didnt pay attention to the local wildlife/birds back then, oh well, better late than never I guess!
Hi Ken, thanks for following my blog. Also thanks about my photos too.
ReplyDeleteIve never met Warren(yet!) but I do spend a fair amount of my time in his area(work related) so who knows, we should bump into each other sooner or later though!