A male Kestrel taking flight from the church roof.
A Buzzard above the church yard.
The next 2 photos are of a Spotted Flycatcher.
A poor long distance photo of a Nuthatch.
Whilst I'm very much a "novice birder" (encouraged by my 8 year old son) I also enjoy, seek out, and try to photograph other local wildlife too. The area's that I frequent are between Maidstone, East/West Malling, Mereworth, through to Hadlow. My adopted patch is situated on the borders of East Peckham and Mereworth, its St. Michaels Church and the surrounding area.
Hi Paul.
ReplyDeleteGreat to see youve got a patch right next to mine! I can seen the church through my front bedroom window, ( although far off) and watch the Buzzards through my scope as they soar over Royden.
I'll put your blog on my list on mine. Be interesting to see what you record.
Maybe would could swap Mob. Tel. Numbers and text each other if anything is moving about ?
Hi Paul
ReplyDeleteI found your blog via the link from Warrens 'Pittswood Birds'.... well thats how the internet works isn't it....I'll look in from time to time. Meanwhile good luck with your new blog.
http://woodruff4.blogspot.com
Hi Warren, yes our patches share the same border, which can only be a good thing. Your right about those Buzzards over Royden too, and I have seen a total of 9 Buzzards soaring at the same time! I did see a possible Peregrine on the ground there, and it looked like it had a leather strap attached? I seem to remember you mentioning that you may have seen this bird too? Good idea about keeping in touch, I will send you a email soon, if that is ok. Cheers Paul.
ReplyDeleteHi Pete, thanks about my new blog, I'm still trying to get to grips with setting it up, but I will get there in the end. I will add you shortly too, I'm sure it will be of interest, to view whats happening from your neck of the woods. Cheers Paul.
ReplyDelete