I dropped in on Clare Park lake yesterday, the sun was shining, and I was on my lunch break(sort of!).
The First sight to greet me was a Little Egret, which was a first for me at Clare Park too, so although I was on the opposite side of the lake to it, I managed to get some shots before it flew off.
I also noticed a couple of Coots kicking each other/fighting, and a third muscling in on the action too.
Having never seen the mating behaviour of a duck before, Im pretty sure that's what the Mallard's were doing.
Three Tufted duck had returned, and the usual were seen such as- Black Bird, Song Thrush, Long tailed Tit, Blue Tit, Wren, Magpie, Crow, Black Headed Gull, Chaffinch, Green Woodpecker, House Sparrow, Goldfinch, Moorhen, Jay.
Back to work(Wateringbury area) and I came across a male Kestrel doing a high wire balancing act on a power line, the wind was gusting so the Kestrel had to fan its tail in order to try to keep its balance, and in one of the photos it appears to be doing a handstand!
The Little Egret. I dont normally complain about the sun, but when it shines directly on bright white, its hard to take a decent shot!
Those aggressive Coots.
The Mallards mating.
The female Mallard is under the water here, but she is there!
I followed this Green Woodpecker right across the field, I was a long way off, but got a couple of shots.
Then the kestrel does its balancing act!









Wouldn't mind one of them Coots here Paul, agressive or normal ones :-)
ReplyDeleteI like the Little Egret Photo, better than any i've managed!
Nothing wrong with the egret shots in my book Paul. I'm surprised you found one there, must be quieter than I remember it!
ReplyDeleteHi Warren, there are plenty of Coots here thats for sure(I will have a count up one day) I took some nice shots of the hatchling Coots last year.
ReplyDeleteCheers for your comment on the Little Egret photos too.
Hi Phil, cheers mate, on my Little Egret shots, I did have to edit/darken/contrast them slightly, because they were all so bright!
ReplyDeleteI was also very surprised to see that Little Egret too, Ive been visiting there for some time now, and its the first time I have seen it.
I think it was all about good timing, because there were no dog walkers around, no school children either. I was the only one about(which is how I like it!)