I also took some interesting shots of some Deer too, but those pics are for another day.
Day 2, was much better, the sun shone bright, and some good birds were both seen and photographed, the highlights being Nuthatches, Goldcrests, Kestrels(both Male and Female) Male Sparrowhawk, GS Woodpeckers etc.
Those long distance shots of the Jay.
Then the Jay leaning forward, and being very loud and vocal.
Day 2. was hard going, I had seen and heard Nuthatches all over the place, but all I got was an out of focus shot of one up a huge tree, I had almost given up, missing many chances of a good pic, then I followed one through the trees, got down on my knees and managed a close up shot(although poor light didnt help). Whilst I was chasing those Nuthatches, a lovely Goldcrest was amongst a flock of Long tailed Tits, so I finally got a Goldcrest photo that is clear(rather than a blurred shot, which seems normal for Goldcrests!).
Finished off was a nice Kestrel shot(the sun was behind me for once!).
The pesky Nuthatches.
The lovely Goldcrest.
The Female Kestrel.
Long Distance shot of a Male Sparrowhawk.
Male GS Woodpecker.
Mistle Thrush and a Fieldfare.
And a Redwing.











A varied and interesting collection of sightings there Paul :-)
ReplyDeleteIt's always hard getting Goldcrest photo's!!
Some nice pics there Paul, what a difference a bit of light makes! I've never managed anything above 'poor' for a Jay photo!
ReplyDeleteHi Paul.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great selection of photo's of some great birds. You walks are turning up some lovely looking species.
Hi Warren, cheers for your comments, and I agree about those Goldcrests, I watched at least 3 of them on Sunday(at West Malling lake, Manor Park)all snatching/eating bugs in flight, No photos though!
ReplyDeleteHi Phil, Thanks about my pics, and like you say, good light makes all the difference for half decent photos. Ive missed photographing some great Jay moments myself.
ReplyDeleteHi Ken, Cheers mate, I think you have to put regular patch visits in, to see all that can be seen.
ReplyDeleteAgree with Phil and Ken, nice selection of photos! I've never been able to get close enough to a Great Spotted Woodpecker to get a good enough photo yet, so nice one Paul!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Simon, Cheers for that mate. I also see GS Woodpeckers up close in my garden too, last year I saw 4 of them chasing each other, and I also mananged a photo of a Juvenile in my garden.
ReplyDelete