The fog/mist was spoiling our chances of finding anything else, so I offered to work our way back towards the area were that Adder might still be, and sure enough it was there. Then just as we were leaving the area, I took one last look and was amazed to find a beautiful Grass Snake(first sighting of 2011). We shot some good photos of it, then we agreed it was time to return to work!
Adam was kind enough to give me some birding advice on what I might hope to find(migrants passing through) in the nearby paddocks/fields. Thanks for that mate, and once again it was a pleasure to meet you.
So that was a fruitful lunch break then, Adder, 2 Common Lizards, and the surprise Grass Snake. Then later that day the sun came back out, and I spotted a Comma Butterfly in Teston. All in all, not a bad haul (during work!!!)
Some photos then.
The first Common Lizard playing "hide an seek".
The 2nd Lizard was lighter in colour, and out in the open.
The surprise Grass Snake, and if you look you can see it has an old wound that has healed up.
Later that day, the Comma Butterfly.








You've flattered me calling me a 'young chap' - no one will recognise me now! Cracking shots from a cracking 'lunch hour'.
ReplyDeleteAdam
I agree, cracking shots, Paul.
ReplyDeleteAdam - young chap, heh heh heh heh heh heh heh
ReplyDeletenice Photo's paul :-)
Hi Paul,I think Spring has sprung.
ReplyDeleteGreat post Paul, very nice photos!
ReplyDeleteHi Adam, since your at least 10 years younger than me, then that makes you a young chap.
ReplyDeleteHi Dean, cheers mate.
ReplyDeleteHi Simon, thanks a lot mate.
Hi Warren, cheers for that mate.
ReplyDeleteAnd like I said, compared to me, he is a young chap!
Hi Alan, I think you could be right mate, Spring is here.
ReplyDelete