Sunday, 20 March 2011

A mixed bag.

Highlights over several days in Feb./March, which are from different locations that I visit.
I seem to have spent quite a great deal of time chasing down reptiles this month, but I did photograph some good images of birds along the way too.
First off is my Church patch(which I dont get to visit as often as I would like) but when I do put some time in there, I always seem to see/find some good sights.
Red Legged Partridge can be found in good numbers, and these 2 are the best shots I have of them to date. Although these photos were taken back in mid Feb.



Still at my Church patch and on the 8th of March, I was lucky enough to capture long distance shots of Buzzards displaying mid air. This pair came together several times, but I was only able to get the one shot of them doing this. Photos have been heavily cropped.




Next up I was in Hadlow on the same day, and shot these green Woodpecker photos from the inside my car.


Then driving home after work on the 4th of March, I was surprised to see this lone Lapwing in a field at the Kings Hill estate.


6 comments:

  1. Nice red legs Paul. I had them when I was in Tobago:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul.
    Very nice bird photo's. You have obviously been doing photography for a while. What's your secret :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul ,
    A good mixed bag of shots .
    Particularly like the Green Woodpecker
    and displaying Buzzard ones .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Phil, Ive been off line for a few days, so only just answering these messages.
    Cheers, those red legged partridges are indeed colourful birds, and i hope you didnt burn your legs too much in Tobago

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ken, sorry I didnt answer you sooner, and thanks very much for your compliments.
    I have only been taking photos of birds for just over a year now, but i do like a bit of photography. I only use very basic camera's (compared to the big boys) so Im happy with the results I manage to achieve.
    My secret(if you can call it that!) is just practice practice practice, and then practice some more. Good light and getting close to your subject always helps too. cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Greenie, thanks a lot mate, and those Buzzards did perform well for me on the day.

    ReplyDelete